Thursday, November 27, 2008

his return, part 1.

so i guess in 12 hours time
i will have eaten, and passed out with my dog
on the couch while my brother and dad
watch the cowboys play some unfortunate team
[as long as it's not us] and he's there too.
like he has been. for the past three thanksgivings.

i guess the story about him is that well
i used to love him
and now he kicks it with my brother
and pretends that he and i are still tight
the 4th thursday of every november.

the first thanksgiving, we were together.
and in love and he and my daddy shot hoops
afterwards and i took pictures and it was cute.
last thanskgiving, we werent together
but we were in love and i took pictures and he
wrestled with my cousin and it was cute.
this thanksgiving, after this year's...drama
we aren't in love and i won't be taking pictures
of his fine
sexy
finesexyfineeeeesexy lebanese ass because i don't
want to remind myself and get
caught up in bad habits.

i don't want to see him, but i do.
but i really don't want
whatever feelings i used to have
to reemerge onto a thanksgiving table
while daddy is blessing the food, i'm falling
back in love with this boy, before
my mom even asks me do i
want some greens [of course i do].

so i'll leave him alone. yeah.
only speak to him to ask him to pass
the cranberry sauce.

but if he starts getting all cute
smiling his perfect smile wearing
that sweater i got him last christmas
and starts whispering in my ear
uh.

aww maneeee.

No comments: