Monday, December 08, 2008

my brother and me.

the blood in our veins are from
two sets of people who have never
met but he is my brother as much
as the grass is green and the sky
is blue and the sun rises in the east
and sets in the west.

and lately our bond has gotten us
into trouble, sitting in chairs waiting
for the man to beat us down until
chocolate colored pulp but
we beat the case because its not
in our DNA to lose. it's true.


and as much as i enjoy playing him
teasing him and sometimes straight up
disrespecting him no one
no one can do that but me because
that's my little brother.

cause when his swag is off i'll let him know
and when he's being wack i'll tell him and
if the outfit is poppin i'll give him props but
if the gear is wack i'll tell him that too and
i expect the same from him even when
i dont want to hear it but we're family so
we say whatever we feel.

and late at night its nothing for me
to sit on his bed, mean comfortable and chill
or him to be in my room with his pajamas on
because we talk about what's good
what's not
and what we can do to make this better and
even if it's at 7 am he calls me about some bullshit
or if i'm calling him 9 am the morning after a party
it's cool.

and i dont think we particularly
look alike or sound the same but
anyone who knows us knows that
we're not just cool
we're family

No comments: