Monday, November 17, 2008

the writing studio.

so today i had to go to the writing studio to visit with my professor to discuss my latest paper. she liked it but there still were kinks that needed to be worked out, as with all papers. i hate philosophy, but i like her. and i really like the writing studio. it's green. i like green, so it's fine.

anyway, we talked about descartes [wack] and spinoza [wacker] and i basically charmed my way into explaining why my paper wasnt the 'required' 5 -6 pages [it was four] but she said the content was so good it was cool. yeah.

i have a tendency of steering my professors off topic and today was no different. my professor told me about a story she heard on NPR last night about people whose profession it is to establish some connection to people who die alone by going through their homes and looking for artifacts. apparently this one woman was a packrat but the only personal information they found about her was a christmas card sent to her 30 years ago. the team tracked down the senders and they did not remember sending the card, nor did they have any recollection of who the woman was. damn.

No comments: