Sunday, December 21, 2008

tis the season to be hating.

i really don't understand
why all of a sudden
the past few months or so
my honesty box
[which i am realizing i should just destroy]
has been full of
ridiculously hateful messages
from petty females
calling me anything but
a child of God

and it's odd because this year
i'm so hard to find, seriously.
i'm on my waldo ish so to come at me
and tell me about myself
ESPECIALLY if you're a sophomore
or lord forbid, a freshman,
do you really know me?

at first it made me upset
almost to the point of tears but
this isn't sophomore year, round 2
i will be 21 in 24 hours
and i can't help
that i'm on these little girls' minds
like it's my job.

actually, it is my job. not to
make anyone feel threatened but to
let my light shine and be
the most absolutely amazing ashley rhae
that God will allow me to be and
if you feel that my light
is shining brighter than yours,
instead of hating and trying to extinguish
mine,
sit back and take notes.

No comments: