Saturday, April 18, 2009

17 / 30 : siren.

edit: i wrote this from the hospital waiting room via my blackberry. i couldn't line skip or anything and i like it better in it's original form. these are my thoughts and they were strung together and flying through my head. so here it is.

siren

I didn't expect to spend my friday night suffocating in the sterile silence of the hospital waiting room. And the ride over here in the front seat watching his breathe struggle to fill an oxygen tank had me in tears. This is my brother. This is my blood. And I'd do anything to help him. And when I heard the sirens blare I heaved a sigh relief and we rode together. I looked back and he was still there. I'm in the hospital waiting room surrounded by people bleeding and broken and all I want to do is burst through the triage door and have someone reassure me that he is going to be okay. But the way he looked tonight. I thought he was going to die. I thought he was going to die and it was the scariest thought I ever had. With the music from the Paper Trail CD being performed as the soundtrack of our ambulance ride, I'm not even mad about missing the concert. TI can wait another day.

No comments: