Tuesday, April 07, 2009

6 / 30 : photograph.

so i went to bed at 7 am, woke up at 8:45 for class, and somehow managed to stay up until 3:30 until i fell the hell asleep. bless my heart.
mondays suck. but poems make it all better.
as usual, check out mr. marshall over here. and the 30/30 cypher here.
let's get it.

photograph

im browsing through my macbook
trying to create a slideshow of
the year past and i realized
that these memories are still
burned into my skull and
etched in my heart no matter
how far i try to put you out of my mind

and theres a picture of the two of us
candid as hell, neither looking at the camera
your mouth is wide open
big white teeth gleaming
gear fresh as usual
my chinky eyes are wide shut
as i grin with glee
and we're sharing a moment
when nothing else mattered
when we were still
best friends
and its captured on film
for me to look at and to remember
the september
before everything fell apart

and if you're reading this
just know that this poem
only a few lines long
took me 30 minutes to write
because its hard to type
when im looking at this photograph
and the pain escapes
through tears running down my cheeks




No comments: