Wednesday, April 08, 2009

8 / 30 : ink.

so im at my spoken word meeting, which i guess is the perfect time to write this gotdamn poem. 
today was legit crazy..did not sleep. had a test and a paper. i looked homeless all day. i pretty much fell asleep during my test. i wanted to hang myself.
and then i went to prison. to visit. and my day got alot better.
as usual, nate mahhhhhhhhshawww is over here. and 3030 is over here. dig that. 

ink

thirty twenty something kids
seated in chairs facing six
inmates, felons, convicts
and at first the tension 
stacked high like the berlin wall in 88
but then it fell down
as we related to their struggles

the man on the far left
claimed GD
the ultimate fraternity
the only way out is in a box

was decorated with 
a million tattoos and
i raised my hands and asked
if he didn't mind
telling me what they meant

he didn't

he had hard time written on his knuckles
and other insignias
that he swore he couldn't speak of
dollar signs on his adams apple
marijuana up his sleeve
a six pointed stair on his shoulder blade
and he sure isnt jewish

on his back he said
because he obviously couldnt show me
a scroll with a knife through it
stabbed in the back
by his friends who he trusted
inked in roman gothic
saying Lord, protect me from my friends
because i can handle my enemies

if i ever got tatted up, 
i'd probably get
the same thing


No comments: