Thursday, April 09, 2009

9 / 30 : girltalk.

whoooa yes lord. got a perm today so im feeling fierce. but its supposed to rain tomorrow :( but its going to be a good weekend. my mommy is coming down and what not.
andddddd [drumroll]
in the new president of vanderbilt spoken word!!!!! a weekend to celebrate. 
but before then....a poem! 
as usual, nate prolly got off his ass and wrote a poem here. and u can be sure that there are dope poems on the 3030 cypher here

girltalk

girl, don't you know that
i've been in your shoes before
thought the same thoughts talked
the same talk negativity oozing
out of my pores and bitterness
tearing away at my humanity

sitting here looking at you is like
looking back at me mirror image
of who i used to be but i refuse
to let anyone tell me to stifle my swag
and modify my destiny
and i wont let them tell you that either

girl, the tears that have dropped down your face
are identical to my own and
i've felt the doubt that you feel when
you walk into a room 
and when the paranoia that they are talking
about you heads your way
turn your pretty head girl
don't let them ruin your day

because i let it ruin months and months
and ate me inside out
if i could turn back the hands of time
there would be no doubt
my attitude would change and my swag
would have never faltered
and when i see someone like you
being hurt like someone like me
i cant help but be bothered

you are beautiful beyond belief
and you have an unconquerable soul
your wisdom is beyond your years
and you'll conquer all of your fears
in due time

but for right now let this marinate
and i know it will hurt to do
but by the end of the road
when you turn and look back 
you'll see that letting the anger brew
would do nothing at all
so if you can bear witness to your enemies
look them in the face and stand tall
trust me when i say, 
girl, one day 
you'll have 
it all

No comments: