Saturday, April 25, 2009

25 / 30 : a dream deferred.

soc 201 final today.
.............................................
so tonight must be legendary, to make up for such occurrences. 

a dream deferred

despite the fact that i let
the idea of you and me fall to
the waist side i cant help
that at night you slip and slither
your way into my REM cycle
electrifying my neurological motor board
with a touch that feels as real as 
it used to be back in the day and

i've missed a few phonecalls and
appointments and probably a few classes
because any dream with you in it is so
tantalizing
my body can't seem to and
doesn't want to tear itself away
from being wrapped up in your
subliminal embrace because once
the tone from my shrill alarm clock
is heard you and i
are nothing more than
a dream deferred

No comments: