Tuesday, July 28, 2009

8 / 30 : sail on.

this is an awkward poem to write.
but i have a 4.0 in awkward so...
AND I BARELY MADE THE 12 MIDNIGHT DEADLINE
so it is as loose as superhead's walls. cut me some slack.
but not too much. ha.

sail on

i'm convinced that the sins you
commit at 3 am on a saturday night
in a city you can't claim as your own
are washed clean by the sun's rays
8 am on the day the Lord made

sort of.

but i can't shake the scent of you
stroking me under 
psychedelic strobe lights  and
i can't get the taste of your toxic
tendencies from off of my tongue 
and 
i can't fold away in a keepsakes box
the way i felt when you 
furiously unwrapped me like
it was christmas day 
even if i wanted to

and i don't really want to 

so many moments in my life
merely float out to the sea of 
lost memories 
when i woke up the next day
i thought i wrapped up that night
tight with a scarlet ribbon and 
sent it into the current 
never to be heard from again but 
the memories of that night 
just 
won't
quit they are anchored
to the dock of my mind 

and it doesn't help
when you call me up crooning
hello sweetheart
with
sexuality and sensibility
waxing and waning in your 
accented undertones i
find it impossible to hang up
the phone
i find it impossible to remember
my name

we remember to forget
and we are failing and flailing
drowning in a sea of sensuality
it can't happen again
but i can't escape your scent
your taste the way you 
felt pressed flat
against me these
memories i set out to sea
seem to wind up on the shores
of my mind because when
you hit me up i can't help
but submit 
and it's saturday day night
all over again 
one more time

sail on
honey
good times never
felt so good

3 comments:

Stitch said...

dope

but id like to see you write something different
something funny
or something about someone else
similar to the nate poem

i dont know
i kinda wanna see how you attack something esle

ashley rhae. said...

funny? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that is going to be SO hard for me. describe in detail please what u mean

Livingtolearn said...

I loved it :-)