Saturday, August 01, 2009

11 / 30 : biffers.

im a couple of hours late but, give me a break.
its jazz festival weekend and my BESTIE is visiting.
im running on no sleep. i need to go to bed. 
this poem is openly shitty but ALAS

biffers

angie,

its crazy how you and i 
distanced by mileage and by time
can fall right back into the 
exact
same
thought
pro
cess
within 5 minutes of being reunited.

its crazy how we've know each other
9 years now
seen ups and downs
and still are together
tight like thieves
better than ever before
my best friend is
my best half and
makes me whole 

this is the gayest poem i have ever wrote.
its 4 am so i don't give a shit.
and i don't feel the need to
no homo anything i said
i would be absolutely 
sick without you in my life
and you mean
the world to me

this was a very fourth grade way
of saying angie,
this year is going to be tough
but we have gotten through
every
single
obstacle in our path
slain the dragons
the demons
and the nonbelievers
with power and prayer and
perseverance
i'm quite sure
that the LSAT
will be no different

love always,
ash

1 comment:

Livingtolearn said...

love it. No need to keep saying poems are bad in intros. It diminishes the work