Tuesday, August 04, 2009

15 / 30 : slang.

half way home. hope yall have enjoyed the pieces thus far.
i'm in a weird mood. for the umpteenth time in my life, some goon today laughed at my 'accent' [that i don't have, im quite sure] and asked me where i was from? let's clear this up.

slang

i'm always strapped
when i open my mouth to speak
i'm slangin exotic verbs that yall
have never heard and the adjectives
i expel ricochet and ring in 
one ear and get stuck in the grey matter

verbal assassin to the masses
my vernacular is unexpected it's
hella one minute and righteous next second
i'm tweakin, i'm illin, i'm flipped, i'm bugged
and while they try to playback what i just said
i'm on to the next yall niggas are lead
i'm dead 
ass 
suicide bomber of your regional dialect
i pick choose peruse and attack the next
memphis twang stirred with a jersey jolt
new york expletives and south carolina niceties
i need a muzzle on this mouth i'm disturbing the 
peace
but at least they hear me when i'm comin
my dialect is dizzying homeboys askin homegirls
who this bitch be

nigga i'm wangin i'm wheezin i'm wilin i'm wicked
i'm bout it i'm bitchin i'm boosted i'm bitten
i'm sick i'm salty i'm stupid i'm siddity
i'm dope i'm digital i'm dumbed i'm dippin

they cover their eyes and run and hide
while i run a drive by on their dialect
decimating preconceived notions and 
and the silly questions full of disrespect
i'm not a pawn of any region's jargon
i switch it up 7 days a week
step out the box you were placed in
and fuck your linguistic limitations
when i open my mouth to speak



2 comments:

Stitch said...

lol you do have an accent

Livingtolearn said...

I loved the whole thing. Muy fun :-)